Video Marketing Sunshine Coast
How to use VIDEOS to increase engagement on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube! For video marketing in Sunshine Coast & Brisbane, contact Shot Imagery!
If you want to increase your engagement on social media, it would appear that videos are the way to go. According to HubSpot, posts with a video have almost 50% more views than those without a video!
And as for video marketing – those who implement videos in their marketing strategies increase revenue 49% faster than those who do not.
Every social media site is a little different when it comes to engaging customers. In order to most effectively engage your audience, it helps to be aware of how video differs from platform to platform. We have created some tips on how to use video to engage your audience on four of the major social media sites.
Videos can only be 60 seconds when posted onto your feed. This is great if you want to deliver short messages to your audience.
But if you want to upload longer videos, you can add multiple videos to the same post (and your audience will be able to swipe between these). Or, you can also use Instagram TV to upload and capture videos longer than 60 seconds.
When we scroll through our Instagram feeds, we scroll FAST! So the preview of the video needs to appeal to your audience.
Text is a useful way to add information to your video preview – that way, users don’t need to scroll to the caption to find out what the video is about.
- 57.3% of Instagram users are female
- 25-34 year olds are the largest group
- The smallest group on Instagram is those aged 65+
Statistics received from: https://napoleoncat.com/
Engage the audience
Rather than a 5-second introduction, go straight into the content. And select a preview that provokes the audiences interest.
Select a short, descriptive title
Use a short caption to explain more about the video, without using an entire paragraph – something that previews what’s to come.
Use a square
The shape of the video matters. Squares receive more engagement – especially on mobile.
Read more: https://buffer.com/
- Just like Instagram, Facebooks #1 age group is 24-34 year olds
- But the smallest age group is 13-17 year olds
- 1 in 2 Australian’s use Facebook on a daily basis
Statistics from: https://www.socialmedianews.com.au/
- “How to” searches are increasing 70% every year
- Four out of five 18-49 year olds will watch YouTube within a month
- Three-quarters of adults use YouTube for nostalgic purposes over current events or tutorials
Quality is key with your videos
Having quality videos for your business on YouTube is essential for looking professional and having content that is enjoyable for your viewers.
It is important to be considerate of the length of your video. Your visitors will expect some videos to be shorter than others, but also expect some to be longer. Be sure you get straight to the point and deliver high-quality information over quantity of information.
- Of social media users in Australia, 19% use Twitter whereas 91% use Facebook
- Research conducted by the Pew Research Centre in 2018 shows that almost 45% of Twitter users are aged 18-24 in the United States
- 1 in 3 users tweet daily
Statistics retrieved from: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/
On video marketing, Twitter says
- Tweets with videos get 10 times more engagement
- 93% of video views on Twitter are seen on mobile
- Videos ‘tweeted’ with less text are more effective
Read full article here: https://business.twitter.com/
The length of videos on Twitter must be between 0.5 seconds and 2 minutes 20 seconds.
Each social media platform differs in the way videos are presented. Video marketing is an effective tool for increasing engagement on social media and increasing revenue within your business.
The team at Shot Imagery are focused on creating high quality videos that engage your audience through storytelling. To find out how we can help create videos for your business, get in contact with us today.